With a bit of planning, moving your website to a dependable host is no need for concern. You can seamlessly complete the migration if you follow a few easy steps:
1) Backup your site content hosted with the “old” provider. Connect to your account there with your ftp client, download a copy of your website, and save it on your computer.
2) Sign up with your new hosting provider. Choosing webhosting with PingPipe is quick and easy. As soon as your payment is verified setup of your new account will get underway. Once your account is setup you will receive a Welcoming Email with your account details.
3) Visit your domain registrar and add modify the DNS settings of the third and forth nameservers.
4) Upload a copy of the content backup to the new host’s server. When you choose webhosting with PingPipe detailed instructions are included in your welcoming email.
5) Visit your domain registrar and Delete the nameserver (DNS) information of the “old” host.
It could take up to three days for the DNS changes to propagate, and during that time visitors will be served your website from either the old host’s server or the new server. It’s recommended to not do updates to your website(s) during that time. After 3 days you should not see the “old” host nameservers when you do a whois search, and it will be ok to cancel your account with the “old” host.
That way your site will never go offline during the move. Webhosting with PingPipe includes access to an extensive knowledge base, and friendly support available 24/7.